Friday, October 8, 2010

Bathsheba Transatlantic Enters the World!

My book, Bathsheba Transatlantic, launched yesterday! It's hard to describe the thrill I felt when I opened the box containing the books and held one in my hand. I know, I know, a bit of narcissism. Of course the amount of time and stress and anxiety that the book represents, the amount of joy and thought it contains are enormous.

I am proud but also, of course, worried about how it will be received. This is a common feeling according to friends who write. Like watching your six year old enter the doors of school for the first time, someone said. You want him/her to be the most popular, the brightest, the teacher's pet but only in a way that doesn't cause others to shun her.

Anyway, it's out. It's in the world.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment